The depth chart is out, and, well, make of it what you will with regards to Kain Colter and Venric Mark's injuries!
Kain Colter and Venric Mark are questionable. This pretty much follows in line with what we've heard all week -- the team is playing things close to the vest and expects them to play but maybe they either won't play at all or won't play a whole lot. Seriously, we should've just waited til gametime.
Damien Proby, Will Hampton, and Chi Chi Ariguzo are probable. These were the players implicated in Fakeinjurygate, and all those in-game injuries were supposedly cramps, which isn't a lasting injury. So, basically, is Pat Fitzgerald's way of drawing a middle finger on a piece of paper, then faxing it to Sonny Dykes.
Interestingly, Kyle Prater, Mike McHugh, and Eric Olson were not on the injury report after being listed as out last week -- that might indicate they've legitimately been passed on the depth chart, with no injury explanation for them now being behind Pierre Youngblood-Ary.
More from Sippin' On Purple:
- Northwestern vs. Syracuse football: Sean Keeley talks Drew Allen, Scott Schafer, and Orange-Wildcats
- Fun with Numbers: Week 1
- Q-and-A with John U. Bacon, author of "Fourth and Long"
- Northwestern vs. Syracuse: 7 reasons to hate the Orange
- Northwestern vs. Cal final replay notes
- Northwestern reportedly lands Rutgers 4-star WR Miles Shuler