You'll probably read 'em on Tuesday, but they're still Monday Sips!
- So, bowlin. HTP's bowl likelihood meter I've linked to every week is now moot, since, uh, we're now guaranteed a bowl, but for old times sake, here's a link to it. (Enjoy it. It's beautiful.) Right now, it looks like we're going to the Champs Sports Bowl in Tampa (ed. note: its in Orlando. Medill F for me. If we make it, I'll need to check out the Epcot Center exhibit on mid-Floridian geography) , which is... awesome. I mean, I really couldn't be happier. It's the fourth-highest bowl in the conference, and that's ridiculous considering how lowly we looked not a month ago. Rivalry, Esq makes an interesting point: what happens in the Wisky/NU game really doesn't matter this week. If we reach 8 wins, we're tied with the Badgers, and we sure as all hell are not beating them for a bowl spot if we have the same amount of wins. Meanwhile, MSU and Minnesota have six wins, and are playing Penn State and Iowa, respectively, and neither of them should win against those opponents, and therefore, shouldn't be able to jump, and if PSU and Iowa are two-loss teams, one will probably make the BCS slate. Therefore, regardless of what happens in our game, we're pretty much destined for Champs Sports if good things hold up.
- As always, here's a highlights video from our win:
- Not NU relevant, but, this is a story for all of you people who are talking about how big a disappointment our 7-8 win season is because of how high our expectations were. Live a little.
- Fitz intense-o-meter: Knowing that he's going bowling, Fitz's intensity lowers a little bit from 7.1 to 6.3, signifying that Fitz's heart is pumping hummingbird-style, 70 times in one second. (Cannibal Ox, baby!) (p.s. y'all have no damn idea how long it took me to figure out how to make that link work like it did.)
- I mentioned back on the old site that I have a minor obsession with college sports polls. And, well, its' the return of NU in the others receiving votes category! Yes, some foolish coaches/minions of coaches who they tell to fill out the stupid poll they could give a goshdarn about apparently are silly enough to think Northwestern is one of the top 25 teams in the country. Either three of them thought this, or one of them thinks we're the 23rd best team in the country. Either way, I'm flattered, but, most importantly, the coaches poll is humorous. But yeah, wooh! OTHERS RECEIVING VOTES BACK UP IN THIS!
- I'm glad that I'm not allowed to write about NU basketball on here, because I'm certain I would've broken something or torn a muscle or something if I had to write about them on here.
- And ohhhhhh yeah, power poll:
- Ohio State.
- Penn State
- Michigan State
Remember, calling me an idiot in the comments section = victory. So do so.