First off, I'd like to announce that I'm skipping my junior and senior seasons of blogging at Northwestern to play college basketball. Other than that, let's hit the sips.
- It's Big Ten Media Day! That's... not really that exciting, to be honest. Anyway, I'll be watching all day and tweeting up a storm (@sippinonpurple!). Coach Pat Fitzgerald will be on at 10:15 central. I feel bad for whichever poor NU staffer had to wake the coach from his July month-long slumber, which allow him to stay up 22 hours a day through football season so that he can coach eight hours a day and spend 14 hours a day banging his head through brick walls and yelling.
I bet somebody was expecting me to way in on Northwestern's big play into the Chicago marketing field last Friday. I try to be something of like a go-to source here... but... well... LTP and Spread Far the Fame did a good job with it already, and, well, dammit, I like writing about sports, not marketing campaigns. Maybe it's because I'm a student who already goes to games for free. But I dunno, I've just been on a roll writing about football and basketball, and for some reason this makes a post about a potential program-altering marketing campaign less appealing to than writing about Northwestern's offensive line. I know a lot of you gave good responses to the analytic posts - hope I'm giving you dudes what you want.
- The Kevin Coble thing is now a dead horse, but for any of you that didn't see, somebody launched a Fake Kevin Coble twitter feed on Thursday, and it's magic.
- WHOA. Stephen Strasburg is on the DL?! Kid, if I could give you one piece of advice....it'd be quit while you're ahead.
- Dude, I don't care about winning. RT @sippinonpurple and @fakekevincoble wins. by a lot
- Northwestern recruiting: representing, and bringing in one of the best classes of all time. I hope we get Justice Hayes, because his name is Justice.
- It's not often that someone I know becomes an internet sensation, so when it happens, I'll post about it. This is my boy Brandon, with his song "The Birds and the Beedrills", a track which features the names of 151 Pokemon characters used as sexual innuendo.
- That's pretty much it. Enjoy your media days. Or something like that.