by Kevin Trahan (@k_trahan)
We've got all you need to know about Minnesota from the Gophers' media.
- Like Northwestern, Minnesota has struggled to find a star at receiver. However, that unit is starting to catch on for the Gophers.
- Northwestern is preparing to face both Minnesota quarterbacks, and that's a good move because the Gophers won't know who they are starting until Saturday morning. However, coach Jerry Kill said the gameplan fits both quarterbacks — MarQueis Gray and Max Shortell — even though they have contrasting styles.
- Minnesota has made the most of its passing game by spreading the ball around to different receivers.
- During the bye week, the Gophers were haunted by their poor defense against Iowa.
- Just like NU is preparing for two Minnesota quarterbacks, the Gophers are preparing for both Wildcat quarterbacks.
- Minnesota will have to deal with the speed of the Northwestern offense. Great quote from Kill: "They had 21 points a year ago before we even blinked."
- Kill said that, if Gray is healthy, Minnesota could use him like Tim Tebow. Really.
- We have a Q&A with Gophers beat writer Phil Miller of the Minneapolis Star Tribune.