by Kevin Trahan (@k_trahan)
- Penn State knows it will need to slow down Kain Colter if it wants to win on Saturday.
- Cory Giger of the Altoona Mirror said this Penn State team is a fun, refreshing team to watch thanks to new Coach Bill O'Brien's offense.
- Attendance for Penn State football games is down 4.8 percent this year, but students are organizing a "whiteout" to try to reinvigorate the crowd this Saturday. Despite the fall in attendance, Penn State is doing everything it can to fill seats.
- Running back Bill Belton returned from injury last Saturday, but now he'll be sharing carries with emerging back Zach Zwinak, who rushed for 137 yards and two touchdowns against Illinois. Here's more about Zwinak.
- Northwestern's linebackers have impressed this year, but Penn State's linebacker corps, including Bednarik Award candidate Gerald Hodges, may be the class of the Big Ten.
- The offensive line has been key to an improved Nittany Lions offense.
- Bill O'Brien is excited about recruiting, despite the challenges Penn State faces with NCAA sanctions.
- A stats breakdown of Saturday's matchup from Black Shoe Diaries.