by Kevin Trahan (@k_trahan)
There wasn't tons of news coming out of Northwestern camp the past couple days, but there was still a lot written about the Wildcats. Check out the best links and notes from around the web.
- The Big Ten Network was at Northwestern practice and noted some of the differences in this year's NU offense, including the option attack the Cats seem to be putting in place. That makes sense with Venric Mark getting more and more snaps at running back.
- Defensive coordinator Mike Hankwitz told BTN that NU still hasn't decided what to do with Ifeadi Odenigbo and if he's ready to play in college football, but he said they'd like to have Odenigbo on the field this year if possible.
- After an impressive spring, Deonte Gibson and Chance Carter have bulked up and are looking for significant roles on the defensive line this fall.
- Chris Emma of PurpleWildcats.com has a great story on former scout team players who are now seeing time on the field.
- The rise of Venric Mark at running back has ben one of the biggest stories of NU's fall camp, and Lake The Posts has a great story on what his impact could mean for the NU run game.
- Adam Kramer (better known as Twitter's @KegsNEggs) is one of Bleacher Report's lead college football bloggers, and he's higher on NU than many national media members this year, predicting a 7-5 record for the Wildcats.