by Kevin Trahan (@k_trahan)
We'll have a notebook tomorrow wrapping up the last few days in NU football, but today is Syracuse day at InsideNU, where we give you everything you need to know about the matchup and the team. For more expert opinions on the Syracuse side of the things, check out these links detailing the Orange.
- It's only open to ESPN Insiders, but here is the in-depth Blue Ribbon Preview on Syracuse this year.
- Pre Snap Read ranks the Orange No. 83 in the country and gives a preview of Doug Marrone's squad.
- Syracuse lost its last five games in 2011, and The Daily Orange has a breakdown of why that happened.
- Justin Pugh, Syracuse's top offensive lineman, will miss the opener. That's a big loss for the Orange and NU's ends could take advantage and establish a pass rush early.
- While Pugh is out, senior receiver Alec Lemon will be available to play Saturday.
- While NU was training the with Navy SEALS, Syracuse was working out with the Army.
- NU will have Kyle Prater in the opener, but Syracuse has yet to hear back from the NCAA on the eligibility status of John Raymon, a transfer from Iowa.
- A lot has been made of the Carrier Dome heat this past week. Even the Orange are trying to adjust to it for the start of a new season.