by Kevin Trahan (@k_trahan)
One. Day. Left. Then four straight months of awesome. In celebration of the return of the football season, here are some links to get you prepared for tomorrow's opener.
ICYMI at InsideNU
- Northwestern has 65 starts returning at center, left guard and left tackle, but none at right guard and right tackle. However, the Wildcats aren't stressing about the inexperience on the right side.
- With such a young team, especially on defense, even Pat Fitzgerald isn't quite sure what to expect on Saturday.
- Lots of predictions from the NU media and blogosphere.
- Venric Mark is ready to take on a major role at running back.
- Northwestern plays three FBS schools in the non-conference season, but Pat Fitzgerald embraces the early challenges.
- Video (subscriber only) on Kain Colter's preparation for Syracuse.
More from Around the Web
- The Daily Northwestern has a Q&A with the editor of The Daily Orange, who picks an NU victory.
- Teddy Greenstein has five reasons to believe in NU and five reasons to doubt the Wildcats.
- Jonathan Hodges is back to posting his NU links on the PurpleWildcats.com board. Great stuff, as always.
- In case you missed it. Vanderbilt looked pretty good at times yesterday in a 17-13, near-upset of No. 9 South Carolina. Here is the recap.