by Kevin Trahan (@k_trahan)
If you're like most people who follow college football, you probably know very little about South Dakota football. Don't worry, we'll get you everything you need to know about the Coyotes in preparation for Saturday's matchup.
- The Yankton Daily Press and Dakotan said South Dakota will need a better rush defense against Northwestern. The Coyotes are last in the Missouri Valley in rush defense, and as the article states, "it's not really close." Also included is that South Dakota will get a $325,000 paycheck for this game; we'll have more on that tomorrow.
- Chris Johnson has a Q&A with Mitch Garry of the Argus Leader to help familiarize you with South Dakota's strengths and weaknesses.
- More from that article: South Dakota has eight Chicago-area players and coach Joe Glenn said the Coyotes do recruit the area. Fitz said that he expects those players to have a chip on their shoulder since "things didn't work out here."
- The Coyotes' defense is led by fifth-year senior Tim Marlette, writes the USD student newspaper, The Volante.
- More from The Volante: It's an exciting week at USD since the Coyotes are taking on a Big Ten team.
- The Argus Leader says USD will have its hands full with "a Big Ten contender" on Saturday.
- More from the Argus Leader: Sophomore wide receiver Terrance Terry has emerged as a playmaker for USD. He also grew up going to games at Ryan Field.