by Kevin Trahan (@k_trahan)
We're already halfway through the week, which means we're just three days form gameday and Northwestern's home opener. Check out what's happening in the world of Northwestern football.
- Pat Fitzgerald made it clear that there is no quarterback controversy at Northwestern and that Kain Colter actually pulled himself from the game.
- NU is looking for improvement from its defense from week one to week two. Also, freshman defensive end and highly touted recruit Ifeadi Odenigbo will play.
- It was a rough camp for Wildcats in the NFL, as Jeremy Ebert, Drake Dunsmore, Mike Kafka and others were cut.
- Check out the changes in the two-deeps for this week along with Chris Johnson's reaction.
- Football has taken center stage, but here's a round-up of how NU's other sports have been doing this fall.
- Nick Medline scouts the Commodores (subscribers only).
- Pat Fitzgerald is looking for improvements (video, subscribers only).
- ICYMI, Jack DiNardo will be doing a weekly column for Purple Wildcats and debuted it this week.
- Chris Johnson has a column on the defense needing improvement (subscribers only).
Around the Web
- Lake The Posts has a story on Colter's decision to pull himself, among other things.
- Chicago Tribune columnist David Haugh has a nice column on the unselfishness of Colter's move.
- Bowl projections at this point in the season are meaningless, but they're fun. So here's a list of some of them: Jerry Palm (CBS), Mark Schlabach and Brad Edwards (ESPN), ESPN Big Ten Blog, Tom Dienhart (BTN).
- Northwestern got one vote in the Coaches Poll this week. Vanderbilt got three.
-Vanderbilt will be wearing these all-white uniforms Saturday, and they look pretty cool.