by Kevin Trahan (@k_trahan)
We're just two days from Northwestern's home opener against Vanderbilt and InsideNU is breaking down the Commodores so you're prepared for Saturday. We had a Q&A with Jeff Lockridge, who covers Vandy for The Tennessean, and the SB Nation blog Anchor of Gold. Chris Johnson also has a breakdown of the Commodores and previews the team "by the numbers." Check out some more links below for a perspective from the people who cover Vanderbilt.
- Vanderbilt's offensive specialty is the long ball, as it displayed against South Carolina last Thursday with a 78-yard touchdown pass, and the Commodores won't be afraid to throw it deep against NU's secondary.
- Zac Stacy is a proven commodity at running back — NU coach Pat Fitzgerald said he is "like Venric (Mark), but bigger — but Vanderbilt is still looking for a No. 2 at the position.
- NU will likely play both Kain Colter and Trevor Siemian at quarterback on Saturday, and that should challenge the Commodores' defense.
- Vanderbilt plans to speed up its offense.
- Anchor of Gold reviews Vanderbilt's loss to South Carolina and a terrible pass interference non-call.
- The Commodores will be wearing their new all-white uniforms with white helmets. They look pretty cool if you ask me.