by Kevin Trahan (@k_trahan)
Tomorrow is gameday, so here is your final notebook of week two.
- Ifeadi Odenigbo cracked the two-deep this week and he met with the media to talk about it. Odenigbo and fellow true freshman Dean Lowry will both be backups at defensive end, giving NU a lot of young talent on the defensive line.
- NU remains upbeat, despite last week's near-collapse, writes Nick Medline. Speaking of which, Medline recently joined the football beat for Purple Wildcats and has been producing some good content, so follow him on Twitter.
- The Wildcats are looking to improve from last week (including a video with this week's starting safety, Jared Carpenter).
Around the Web
- Pat Fitzgerald is telling Vanderbilt to "bring it" on Saturday, writes Neil Hayes in the Sun-Times.
- Lake The Posts has a bunch of notes on NU and a cool picture of the end zone art at Ryan Field, which features a "Northwestern stripe."
- We'll have our picks out later today, along with our weekly "NU media predictions" from a number of Northwestern media members. While you wait for that, here's a prediction from SI's Stewart Mandel.