Good afternoon from Evanston, where the weather is almost as depressing as the play of these two football teams over the past month.
- It's in the low 50s and rainy (misty maybe?) right now with a pretty strong south wind. The team going north (toward Randy Walker Terrace) each quarter is going to have a big advantage.
- Along with the Wounded Warrior Project uniforms, the American flag "N" at midfield. There is no "blood spatter" on the N.
- Will the students show up? It's rainy, the team has struggled and Fitzerland — the student tailgating area — is now enforcing tougher ID rules. It will be interesting to see the turnout, and the overall crowd turnout in general.
- Jim Cornelison is singing the National Anthem. Go America!
- What will we see from Max Chapman? He played the best game of his career against Nebraska and will see a lot of time today with Sean McEvilly out. Against a struggling rush offense, the conditions are right for a breakout game.
- NU is celebrating Otto Graham today. Mike Deneen did a nice, in-depth profile of him this summer.
- Good news on the injury front for NU: