Welcome to the final Northwestern home game of the year. It's pregame warmup time.
- It's cold. The wind chill value for this game looks like it'll be around 13 degrees at kickoff. The games in Iowa City and Minneapolis will be colder today, but this is one of the coldest games at Ryan Field in recent memory. If anyone has an exact date on that, let me know.
- Walking around outside today, it looks like Spartans fans weren't afraid of the cold. Northwestern fans... that's a different story. The student section showing might be abysmal.
- There's a pretty strong wind blowing toward the southeast. It could be a rough outing for theses offenses in a game that already figured to be low on points.
- Traveon Henry was listed as questionable today but he's warming up. My hunch is that he plays. Geoff Mogus is listed as doubtful. I "doubt" he plays.
- Four-star recruit Parrker Westphal is at Ryan Field today. He's picking between NU, Michigan State and Vanderbilt. Most people in the know consider NU the leader in his recruitment.
- The Wildcats are wearing purple helmets, purple jerseys and black pants. Pretty standard.