Notes from Pat Fitzgerald's weekly Big Ten teleconference:
- Kain Colter is still "day-to-day." He didn't practice today.
- Fitz and the staff will be out recruiting next week.
- On coaching changes: "Let me be crystal clear here: I understand fans, I understand the media, but this is a staff that has done a terrific job here of winning a ton of football games." Don't expect any changes. He also said the team will be much-improved next year.
- Fitz said Illinois has done a good job of "overcoming adversity." He also praised offensive coordinator Bill Cubit and quarterback Nathan Scheelhaase.
- Fitz said you're always worried about the thoughts of the players on a big losing streak, but he thinks his players' heads are in the right place.
- Fitz said NU could have won four or five of its losses.
- Fitz wishes the Big Ten had Thanksgiving week off like it used to, though he understands the change. All the players who live within three hours can go home and others can go home with those players.
- Fitz ended the call with "Happy Thanksgiving," not "Go Cats." What has the world come to?