The battle for the Land of Lincoln Trophy is on Saturday between Northwestern and Illinois. Here are some links to get you more familiar with Fighting Illini:
- At 4-7 and 1-6 in the Big Ten, Illinois head coach Tim Beckman--who was hired in 2012--is on the hot seat.
- Illinois senior quarterback Nathan Scheelhaase will play his final game at Memorial Stadium on Saturday. His father, though, won't be there to watch as he was banned from campus following a fight he had in the stands earlier this season.
- The Fighting Illini defense ranks 107th in the country in points allowed at 35.3 points per game. Defensive coordinator Tim Banks works every week to sure up that side of the ball, but he is also trying to work through the loss of triplets to premature births.
- Earlier this week, Illinois staff member Matt Sinclair was charged with two felonies after pointing a gun at a car filled with other staff members.
- After being recruited as a wide receiver, Illinois' Steve Hull switched to defense. Now Hull's back on offense and is making an impact.