However you choose to label it - trap game, letdown opportunity, tricky road trip - Saturday's matchup with Minnesota should be a tough test for Northwestern. The Wildcats have surprisingly emerged as a Big Ten West division contender, but a loss here would zap much of their momentum heading into next weekend's showdown with No. 21 Nebraska. The Gophers' were idle last weekend but beat Michigan in Ann Arbor on Sept. 27.
Game time: 12 p.m. ET, Big Ten Network
Live stream: BTN2GO
- Our predictions for the game. Most of us believe it's going to be close.
- The biggest key for the Wildcats? Their defensive tackles.
- A video preview of the game.
- Josh Rosenblat talked to Nick VanHoose for a feature.
- Here are three big things to focus on in this game.
- NU is playing its talented young guys, and that's a good thing.
- How good is this Minnesota team, really?
- NU's offense - and run game - has improved. Here's why that improvement is sustainable.
- What's the missing piece to NU's offense?