There weren't a lot of notes from practice today, and I wasn't able to get the interviews I wanted, but here are a few highlights.
- Andrew Scanlan had a nice catch. I've heard good things about him. Hopefully he can break out at some point. The same goes for Pierre Youngblood-Ary, who also had a catch. Still, neither of them seem likely to break into the regular receiver rotation any time soon.
- Kyle Prater had a really nice leaping catch. It's been cool to see his production increase over the past few weeks.
- Justin Jackson has such good vision for a freshman running back. I wasn't here for the Tyrell Sutton years, but Jackson is the best I've seen since I've been here.
- Trevor Siemian was really spreading the ball around to his wide receivers today.
- Ifeadi Odenigo is really good at getting to the quarterback, and because of that, he gets held a lot. Today, he got to Zack Oliver, even though he was held so bad his jersey ripped.
- The crowd noise wasn't as prevalent as it was for Penn State week. This is not a shock. I'm excited to see how the crowd noise from the speakers differs between Iowa/Notre Dame and Purdue.
- Justin Jackson said he feels great, even after getting 33 carries. It seems like the game is slowing down for him, as he said he's thinking less and being more instinctive.