This is the toughest conference game left on Northwestern's schedule. It's also probably the most important. The Wildcats (likely) have to win three of their five remaining games to qualify for a bowl game. If they can knock off Iowa, they'll be in decent shape heading into the final third of their schedule. A loss would mean they'd need to beat three of the following teams: Michigan (H), Notre Dame (A), Purdue (A) and Illinois (H). The Wolverines, Boilermakers and Illini aren't very good, but NU probably can't hang with the Irish. In sum, it would be helpful if Pat Fitzgerald's team wins this game. Will it? Here's what we know:
Game time: 12:00 p.m. ET, BTN
Live stream: BTN2GO
- Check out our picks.
- You might find yourself thinking Iowa does a lot of the same things Northwestern does.
- These next two weeks are a big deal, writes Jason Dorow.
- How much do Northwestern and Iowa hate one another?
- Josh Rosenblat wants to talk about loyalty.
- Northwestern and Iowa are mediocre.