The loss wasn't heartbreaking as ones prior, but Collins was just as unhappy with the performance.
- Collins said the game was lost in the first six minutes of the second half and NU didn't come out of the locker room with enough intensity.
- Collins said he thought Purdue's physicality bothered Olah. He referred to Hammons and Haas as "battering rams" and a "two-headed monster." He said they are hard to play against and hard to officiate.
- Collins said he was tougher on the team after this loss. After the recent close losses however, Collins said "I'll be the first one to hug and cry."
- "Point blank shots" were something Collins harped on. He said Olah and the team missed too many of those looks to win.
- Collins on Law and Lindsey: "A huge part of our growth is the development of Vic and Scottie.... I'd like to see these guys the last dozen games of the year really take another jump."
- Collins said he went with an offensive lineup in the second half and that's why Sanjay Lumpkin only played ten minutes.
- Tre Demps said the way Purdue played NU's ball screens gave him and McIntosh the most offensive opportunities. Demps and McIntosh had 30 of Northwestern's 55 field goal attempts.