Northwestern football is 7-2. Purdue football is 2-7. The two programs, heading in entirely different directions, face off Saturday at Ryan Field in a November Big Ten matchup.
As Northwestern players mentioned earlier in the week, the Wildcats are not only in contention for a New Year's Six Bowl, but could become the first team in program history to win more than 10 games in a season.
The first step is beating Purdue on Saturday. Here's everything you need to know before kickoff:
- Every Week Is Hate Week. But it's impossible to hate Purdue. It's like beating up on a toddler in video games.
- Three reasons why Northwestern will beat Purdue. Three reasons why Northwestern will
lose to — no, that won't happen. Northwestern will win.
- Northwestern is still in the running for a New Year's Six bowl. But the Wildcats are also one loss away from falling to a far less attractive bowl destination.
- Are any of our writers picking Purdue? Nope. But some think Saturday's game will be close.
- Northwestern starting quarterback Clayton Thorson will play against Purdue despite picking up an injury against Penn State.
- Zach Wingrove profiled Northwestern defensive tackle Max Chapman, an outgoing senior who has "left quite the imprint on" Northwestern.
- Travis Miller of SB Nation Purdue site Hammer and Rails stopped by to help preview the game.
- Video, notes and quotes from Northwestern's and Pat Fitzgerald's weekly press conference.
- Three things to know about the Purdue Boilermakers.
- Northwestern linebacker Jaylen Prater is out for the season. Offensive lineman Geoff Mogus will also miss the Purdue game.
- Northwestern's week 11 depth chart.
- Northwestern rose three spots to No. 18 in the College Football Playoff rankings.
- The Wildcats are also trending upwards in our Big Ten Power Rankings.
- Henry Bushnell and Ben Goren talked about Purdue for more than 19 minutes on Thursday's podcast. And they're still alive.
Game Time: 11 a.m. CT
TV: Big Ten Network
Mobile: BTN2Go mobile app
Radio: WGN AM 720, WNUR FM 89.3
Betting Line: Northwestern -14.5