Big Ten Media Days changed this year, with different schools being represented on different days. Northwestern will be here on Friday, so on Thursday, while reporting on various topics regarding other schools, I made a list of the biggest takeaways and funniest quotes. Here's what I got.
- Illinois has a new acronym, and it might be worse than "WINT." Tim Beckman took some time to explain what "OSKEE" means, and if you'd like to decipher it, here it is.
Here's part of that Beckman opening statement, btw. pic.twitter.com/IRynY94E1I— Kevin Trahan (@k_trahan) July 30, 2015
- Ohio State will have four players — stars Joey Bosa, Jalen Marshall, Dontre Wilson and Corey Smith — suspended from its season opener against Virginia Tech due to positive drug tests.
- Iowa defensive lineman Drew Ott ate a raw egg for some reason.
Just watched Drew Ott eat a raw egg, shell and all. So my day has been pretty interesting. pic.twitter.com/nzSK8we0py— Austin Ward (@AWardESPN) July 30, 2015
- Beckman was asked about all the assault allegations from this offseason. He responded that he is very excited for the 2015 season.
- Randy Edsall thinks the Big Ten is the toughest conference in the country, "top to bottom." That is objectively untrue.
- Connor Cook got a lot of fun questions from reporters. He was very good at responding to stupid questions with the answers they deserved.
Reporter: "Connor, the team motto this year is Reach Higher. What does that mean to you?" Connor Cook: "Uh, to reach higher, I guess?"— Kevin Trahan (@k_trahan) July 30, 2015
- Quick break from football here: Wings Over is closing and that is awful.
- Urban Meyer said he has been doing a lot of doodling with the prospect of Braxton Miller at H-back. Expect some fun trick plays from the Buckeyes.
- Someone asked Kevin Wilson how to get students to "actually go to the games and not just tailgate." He correctly responded that the key is winning games.
I'll update as necessary.