After toppling No. 21 Stanford to open the 2015 season, Northwestern football looks to go to 2-0 Saturday against Eastern Illinois. The Panthers, an FCS opponent, shouldn't present too much of a challenge to NU — they did lose to fellow FCS foe Western Illinois 33-5 in Week 1 — but nonetheless, the Wildcats will have to come to play.
Here's what you need to know ahead of kickoff:
Broadcast information below. All gameweek content can be found here.
- Northwestern's Week 2 injury report was, surprisingly, not pretty — though defensive tackle Greg Kuhar was not listed, meaning he could get back on the field.
- Northwestern's upset of Stanford was impressive, but head coach Pat Fitzgerald actually wasn't very happy with his team's performance. Fitzgerald called it "very average."
- Here's full video of NU's Week 2 press conference, which featured Fitzgerald, Miles Shuler, Shane Mertz, Godwin Igwebuike and Kyle Queiro.
- The Wildcats will wear special uniforms on Heroes Day with an American flag pattern inside the N on white helmets.
- The big changes on Northwestern's Week 2 depth chart were at wide receiver, where Austin Carr is now a starter.
- Y'all. EVERY WEEK IS HATE WEEK... EVERY. WEEK.
- Our podcast offered up some NU-EIU prop bets. How many carries will Justin Jackson get? Will we see any of Matt Alviti?
- Northwestern is going to win this game. But, as we'll do every week, we outlined three reasons why the Wildcats will win, and also three reasons they won't win.
- Saturday's game will be the first football game for the majority of Northwestern's incoming freshman class. Here are 14 things the class of 2019 needs to know about Wildcats football.
- Our staff gave score predictions for the game. You can probably guess which side we're all on.