Northwestern is in Durham this weekend to take on the Duke Blue Devils in what could be a season-defining game for NU. Duke is the last legitimate challenge standing in the way of Northwestern and a perfect non-conference record. The Wildcats, now ranked 23rd in the nation, will debut new helmets, and will be looking to go to 3-0 on the young season.
So you'll definitely want to watch on Saturday. But first, you have to figure out how to. And that's not as simple as it usually is. The vast majority of Northwestern games are on either BTN or one of the ESPN networks, but the Duke game is not. It is being broadcast by the ACC Network. So here are your viewing options:
If you live in the Chicago area...
The game can be found on WCIU. Here are the channel numbers, courtesy of Northwestern Athletics:
If you live outside of Chicago...
The ACC Network has a number of affiliates throughout the country. Here is a full list of ACC Network affiliates for Northwestern's game at Duke.
A few notable cities and their respective channels:
- In New York, the game will be on WLNY, channel 55.
- In Los Angeles, the game will be on KDOC, channel 56.
- In Washington D.C., the game will be on WDCA, channel 20.
- In San Francisco or the surrounding area, the game will be on KOFY, channel 20.
For the full list of affiliates, see the above link.
The simplest way to watch Saturday's game, but perhaps not the ideal or most convenient way, is online. It will be shown on ESPN3, meaning you can watch on WatchESPN, or via the WatchESPN mobile app.
It also appears you might be able to watch on the ACC Network's website, though WatchESPN is the best option.
More broadcast information
Kickoff time: 11:30 a.m. CT
TV: ACC Network (see above)
Watch Online: WatchESPN
Mobile: WatchESPN app
Radio: WGN 720 AM, WNUR 89.3 FM
Listen Online: WGN, WNUR
Betting Line: Duke -3.5
- Saturday's game could be a season-defining contest for Northwestern, and perhaps the most important of the season.
- For the first time this season, our staff is split down the middle on picks.
- Northwestern will be in all-white uniforms, with new white helmets.
- We caught up with Steve Wiseman, Duke beat writer for The Herald-Sun (Durham's leading newspaper) to preview Saturday's game.
- EVERY. WEEK. IS. HATE. WEEK. But this week is the most hate-filled week yet #Dook.
- Ian Park is now listed as the starting center on Northwestern's official Week 3 depth chart.
- Northwestern's offensive line is significantly healthier than last week. Brad North and Eric Olson will both return from injury against Duke, as will wide receiver Miles Shuler.
- We released one of our most in-depth podcasts yet on Thursday. Henry Bushnell, Ben Goren and Zach Pereles preview the Duke game.
- Three scenarios in which Northwestern wins. Three scenarios in which Duke wins.
- Three key matchups to watch in Duke vs. Northwestern.
- Three rudimentary things to know about Duke football.
- Notes, quotes and video from Pat Fitzgerald's Week 3 press conference.