Now up to No. 17 in the nation, Northwestern and its staunch defense host Ball State at Ryan Field on Saturday night. The Cardinals are 2-1 on the young season, with wins over VMI and Eastern Michigan and a loss to Texas A&M. This is the Wildcats' final tuneup before Big Ten play begins next week against Minnesota.
Here's what you need to know ahead of kickoff:
Broadcast information below. All gameweek content can be found here.
- Northwestern's early-week depth chart remained relatively unchanged from last week's win at Duke, but with senior wide receiver Cameron Dickerson off the injury report, there could be a shake up in the pass-catcher rotation.
- While Northwestern shouldn't have much trouble with Ball State, there are a few scenarios where the Wildcats could see trouble.
- We previewed the matchup with a little help from our friends over at the MAC-centric blog, Hustle Belt.
- The Wildcats will be sporting black helmets and pants, along with the traditional purple jersey, and students arriving early enough will receive a glow-in-the-dark necklace and a shirt that plays off of Northwestern alum Stephen Colbert taking over the Late Show from Ball State alum David Letterman.
- Finally, here are Inside NU's predictions for the game.
Kickoff time: 7 p.m. CT
TV: Big Ten Network
Watch Online: BTN2Go
Mobile: BTN2Go app
Radio: WGN 720 AM, WNUR 89.3 FM
Listen Online: WGN, WNUR
Betting Line: Northwestern -17