Jordan Wilimovsky to swim in two Olympic events
Not one, not two, not... Ok, just two. Late Sunday, Northwestern’s very own Jordan Wilimovsky qualified for his second Rio event by finishing second in the 1500 at U.S. Olympic Trials. He’s also swimming the 10K, which he qualified for last summer. Last year, we named him our Student-Athlete of the Year.
We wrapped up our position previews this week.
- The cornerbacks are talented yet young.
- The safeties should be solid once again.
- The special teams units bring back almost everyone.
If you missed any, they’re all available right here.
We also discussed the most worrisome unit on the team as well as the strongest unit on the team. You can vote on both.
We took a look at both true freshmen and redshirt freshmen who could contribute this year. We also examined the top position battles of the offseason.
NBA Summer League
Tre Demps, Alex Olah and Drew Crawford are all participating in the NBA Summer League for NBA teams. Here’s how you can watch them out in Las Vegas.
- Anthony Walker and Justin Jackson made some impressive preseason watch lists.
- Northwestern got some long odds to win the Big Ten as well as the Big Ten West.
- Walker, Jackson and Matt Harris will attend Big Ten Media Days later this July.
- Several alumni are teaming up in The Basketball Tournament.