Another week down (and just one to go!!!) until we’re into Northwestern football game week. It’s now feeling real after our trip to Kenosha. Here’s what you may have missed in a jam-packed week.
Chad Hanaoka isn’t the biggest, strongest or fastest. In fact, he may not see the field this year. But he’s a hero for Northwestern football nonetheless. Our longform feature.
Wilimovsky at the Olympics
Jordan Wilimovsky swam almost two hours and missed out on the medal podium by under two seconds in the 10k. Life’s just not fair. It was an incredible swim from Wilimovsky, who finished fifth. He made us proud in Rio.
Football preview content
We finished our Countdown to Kenosha with two huge questions about Northwestern’s most important players:
- No. 2: Can Clayton Thorson beat the pressure?
- No. 1: What can we expect from Clayton Thorson in 2016?
Here’s more preview content for the season:
- Marcus McShepard looks to add a new dimension to the NU offense.
- What new uniforms could be on the way? Martin Oppegaard analyzed Northwestern’s relationship with Under Armour.
- Northwestern added a graduate transfer long snapper from Georgia Tech! How often do you get to say your school has a grad transfer long snapper?!
- We did one final check-in on the Class of 2017.
- The Sky Team remixed with Top Gun? Yup.
- ESPN ranked NU seventh in the Big Ten.
- Northwestern went unranked in the first AP Poll.
Keith Watkins II
We’d be remiss to not mention the Denver Broncos’ co-starter.
- First, a look at all the former Wildcats on the bubble.
- Siemian got the call as the starter for the Broncos against the 49ers on Saturday night, so we talked to Mile High Report about his prospects. He started strong but threw a bad pick on his third drive. At least Mark Sanchez didn’t look much better.
It’s truly a lovely place. We got to watch a scrimmage featuring a lot of backups and almost no starters.
- Here was our preview, via Pound the Talk.
- Here were our big takeaways, first in live video and then in words.
- We got to talk to Pat Fitzgerald!
- Here’s what our most recent depth chart looks like, post-Kenosha.
- But most importantly, we spent a whole day in Kenosha...and didn’t die of boredom! In fact, we found 10 things to do that you should definitely check out.
He wasn’t a Wildcat for long, but we’ll claim him, especially with the year he’s having. On Sunday, he was officially announced as part of Team Europe for the Ryder Cup.