After a Week 1 loss to Western Michigan, Northwestern gets back to work at Ryan Field on Saturday. The opponent this week is Illinois State of the Division I Football Championship Subdivision (FCS). The Redbirds won their opener over Valparaiso 50-13 and have been one of the top FCS teams of the past few seasons. Here is our week’s worth of preview material. Scroll down to the bottom for broadcast information.
- Northwestern’s Week 2 depth chart features two changes from Week 1, including the absence of Warren Long, who will miss at least four weeks with a broken hand.
- Here’s what Pat Fitzgerald had to say following the loss to Western Michigan and previewing Illinois State on Monday.
- The Redbirds love to run the ball, so the matchup in the trenches will be key.
- In Where Are We Wednesday, Week 2, Zach Pereles explained that it’s not time to panic after the WMU loss.
- Pound the Talk added WNUR guest Michael Stern on for a preview of the matchup.
- As per usual around September 11, Northwestern will wear its American flag helmet.
- The Wildcats will be without two backup offensive linemen this week.
- Here’s how our writers see the game playing out. What do you think?
Game time: 2:30 p.m. CT
TV channel: Big Ten Network
Online stream: BTN2GO.com
Betting Line: Northwestern -12