The Northwestern Wildcats are hoping to rebound from a disappointing 2-3 start to the season with its first-ever trip to College Park. They are set to face D.J. Durkin and the Maryland Terrapins (3-2, 1-1 B1G), a Big Ten program on the rise. Maryland certainly has a more impressive resumé heading into the contest, as the Terps stunningly upset Texas on the road in Week 1 and won as double-digit underdogs against Minnesota in Week 2. However, injuries have badly hampered Maryland’s ability to do much of anything recently, as seen by its 62-14 loss to Ohio State, which was somehow not as close as the score suggests.
Here’s all the preview content you need to prepare for this game:
- With Justin Jackson close to breaking the Northwestern all-time rushing record, we have a suite of stories about one of Northwestern’s best players ever.
- Northwestern’s secondary depth had yet another hit as Trae Williams is OUT.
- Why Northwestern will/won’t win this game
- Three key matchups that will decide the action
- Opponent Q&A with Testudo Times
- Film analysis of Paddy Fisher and Nate Hall
Game Time: 2:30 p.m. CT
Mobile: ESPN App, WatchESPN App
Betting Line: Northwestern -3, over/under 48
Weather: 75 degrees and sunny, little to no chance of rain