- Players of the Week: Nate Hall, Justin Jackson, Hunter Niswander. Niswander also won Big Ten Special Teams Player of the Week.
- “They’re practicing really hard. I think Tyler Lancaster has really taken on that leadership role and Jordan’s right there with him. We’ve got great confidence in everyone. Samdup Miller is really starting to come on a little bit.” Mentioned Alex Miller, Earnest Brown, Trent Goens.
- On Macan Wilson: “For some guys, it happens right away. You got the Miller brothers, instant impact players, but for some guys it takes much longer.”
- Fitz on Jeremy Larkin’s impact: “With a healthy Justin Jackson, it's likely going to be just spelling him the last 5 weeks of the season.” Jokingly warned Justin Jackson that Larkin was coming for his carries.
- In 1995, Fitz said he wanted a roof in the media guide. Point still stands.
- On Jackson’s key third-down conversion in overtime: “I think it was a really good call by Mick (McCall) to start off with...In space I'll take Justin—”
- Fitz was happy to have Alonzo Mayo healthy.
- Fitz said there was no sibling rivalry between the Miller Brothers, but was thrilled at what they’ve brought to the program.
Macan Wilson, Jeremy Larkin, Alonzo Mayo
- Alonzo Mayo: “you have to have delusional confidence to play cornerback”
- Larkin was happy about scoring on Saturday, said the touchdown really bolstered NU’s cause because of the defensive battle.
- Jeremy Larkin: “I didn’t have to pass protect in high school.”
- Mayo talked about his parents, both of whom were very athletic themselves (father played at Columbia).