The Northwestern Wildcats (4-3, 2-2 Big Ten) have an opportunity to make a bit of a statement against No. 16 Michigan State (6-1, 4-0) on Saturday. After a tough 2-3 start to the year, Northwestern can set itself up nicely for a strong finish to 2017 with a win. On the other sideline, the Spartans need a victory to remain in a tie for first place in the Big Ten East with the winner of Penn State-Ohio State. Michigan State has won its first four conference games, but none by more than 8 points. Two great defenses will be on display at Ryan Field; which offense can make enough plays to win?
Here’s all of our preview content from this week.
- Three things to know about the Spartans.
- Northwestern winning games is fun, but does it come at a cost?
- Three matchups to watch on Saturday afternoon.
- Our podcast, Pound the Talk, was excellent this week.
- For a Michigan State perspective, we got the scoop from The Only Colors.
Game Time: 2:30 p.m. CT
Mobile: WatchESPN App
Betting Line: MSU -2.5, over/under 40.5