- Players of the Week: Fisher, Cam Green, Kuhbander
- Emotional swings: “It seemed like the first quarter went really quick Saturday and then the game just slowed down.
- Attributed Paddy Fisher’s rapid rise to his work at Katy High School, his family, and his confidence. When asked on comparisons to himself (jokingly): “he’s got a chance to be better than Barry Gardner”
- Fitz thought Nebraska played its best game of the season against Purdue. Nebraska won 25-24 after scoring a go-ahead touchdown with 21 seconds left.
- Fitzgerald thinks that the official scoring for Fisher’s tackles (and tackles in general) aren’t great. Fitz thinks he had 21 tackles. “21 is the truth.”
- “When they decided to put defensive tackles in the press box, it’s not longer reflective of reality.”
- Fitz, jokingly, was short of 300 tackles by one.
- What is a successful season? Fitz: “winning games.”
- Redshirt freshman: “I just think the guys need to keep working to get better.”
- “Every day is a new and spectacular challenge.”
- Cam Green: “This is the most dedicated and focused I’ve ever seen Cam.” Fitz said that Green was in regardless of Dickerson’s availability.
Paddy Fisher, Macan Wilson, Tommy Doles
- “You get into a groove as an offense.” - Macan Wilson on the triple-overtime period.
- Tommy Doles thought it was the most fun game he’s played in.
- On offensive line improvement: “There wasn’t any pep talk, any magic pill we took. Things are starting to come together. Playing with a chip on our shoulder, playing with an attitude.”
- “Can’t let all that hype get to me and let that distract me.” - Fisher on living up to Walker, Fitz, getting awards, etc.
Doles: “Ideal weather, 43 degrees, fall.”
Wilson: “I’d take a retractable dome.”
Fisher: “No dome.”
- Doles was really complimentary of Jackson’s pass protection in overtime and in general.