The Northwestern Wildcats (2-2, 0-1 B1G) return home to play the No. 4 Penn State Nittany Lions (5-0, 2-0 B1G). Northwestern is coming off a disappointing 33-24 to Wisconsin and now face their second top-10 team in as many weeks. Penn State, anchored by running back Saquon Barkley, has won its first five contests. After escaping Iowa with a narrow, last-second win, the Lions crushed Indiana at home. With Penn State having serious College Football Playoff aspirations, it’s probably Northwestern’s last chance to make a national impact, whatever that means.
- Northwestern’s depth chart for Penn State
- We looked at Saquon Barkley’s top 10 plays of the season.
- Noah Coffman wondered if Northwestern needs some fundamental changes.
- Northwestern long snapper Tyler Gillikin will play against his twin brother for the first time.
- We made some predictions. Not many picked NU, sad to say.
- Haven’t watched much Penn State football? Here are three things to know and three key matchups to watch.
- POUND THE TALK!
- We talked to Black Shoe Diaries to preview the game.
Game Time: 11 a.m. CT
Online: WatchESPN, Xfinity on Campus
Mobile: WatchESPN App
Betting Line: Penn State -13.5 line, over/under 50.5
Since 2014, Northwestern is 7-0 ATS with 5 outright wins as a double-digit underdog. Cats currently catching 14.5 from Penn State.— Chris Fallica (@chrisfallica) October 5, 2017