The wait is over. No. 19, yes, that’s right, No. 19 Northwestern tips off its encore season at 7:30 p.m. CST at Allstate Arena against the Loyola Greyhounds (257 on KenPom). The final season for Scottie Lindsey, Bryant McIntosh, and Gavin Skelly will come with more expectations than ever before. The Wildcats are well within the top 25 and are looking to solidify their arrival onto the national stage under head coach Chris Collins. The rebuild is over; it’s time for Northwestern to reap the fruits of its labors. Of course, that harvest will take place at Allstate Arena, the host of tonight’s game and all Northwestern home games.
We have all the basketball preview content you could possibly want. Seriously. It’s crazy how much work Inside NU has put into previewing the season this fall.
- We have detailed player previews for every scholarship player (sorry Tino and Charlie). For real, all 11 of those are excellent and will get you ready for the season. We also debated who would be the best player on this team.
- We looked at what would be a successful season, the biggest question marks, and the state of the Big Ten.
- Davis Rich talked about rocks and the process of pounding them.
- Northwestern is in the hunt for a Big Ten title. In basketball. Think about that.
- We have all the stats. KenPom is big on NU.
- Worried about non-conference opponents? We have you covered.
10,000+ words about Northwestern men’s basketball is plenty. It’s time to start the games.
Loyola Maryland went 16-17 last season (8-10 in the Patriot League). The Greyhounds bring back three starters, including leading scorer Andre Walker and leading rebounder Cam Gregory. Still, this should be a blowout. The Wildcats beat Loyola 74-59 in 2015-16. The interesting thing will be what Collins does with his rotation.
Game Time: 7:30 p.m. central
TV: BTN Plus
Mobile: BTN2Go App
Radio: WGN AM 720
Betting Line: If you bet on this game you have a problem.